Senior Lecturer in Russian Language and Conversation; Director of Russian Language Instruction and Conversation
1988, Ph.D., Slavic Languages and Literatures, The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hil
Intellectual Biography & Awards
I enjoy my teaching. Since 1988 I have been teaching Russian language and literature –receiving teaching awards (in 1994, 2002, 2009 and 2014). I not only impart information to my students, but also motivate them beyond the boundaries of the classroom. I help learners shape their own growth as persons and as explorers of new horizons. The way I do my teaching is similar to an artist who intuitively moves one’s brush over a canvas, and over a seeming set of random movements of the brush suddenly an image becomes visible.
Frequently Taught Courses
- RUSS 101: Elementary Russian
- RUSS 102: Elementary Russian
- RUSS 250: Introduction into Russian Literature
- RUSS 411 and 412: Advanced Composition and Conversation
- RUSS 511-514: Russian Culture and Arts in the Time of Change
Dr. Magomedova’s Upcoming Course Offerings
Undergraduate and Graduate Advising and Mentoring
- Director of Russian Teaching Program
For more about Dr. Magomedova, see her Curriculum Vitae.